Did you know that adopting a child from your state foster care system is free? It is true. There are over 800 children available for adoption right now in the state of Florida from our foster care system. If you click on the link to the right…Children Available for Adoption, you will see these precious children.
They are waiting and longing for a family.
Not only is the cost of their adoption free from the state, the state also provides many benefits for families who adopt children from the foster care system. Here are a few of those benefits.
1. If you request, children are eligible to receive a monthly adoption maintenance subsidy until they are 18 years of age.
2. There is no charge for your adoption homestudy.
3. The state provides up to $1,000.00 towards the cost of legal and attorney fees. This provision is usually sufficient to cover all of your attorney costs.
4. Your adoptive child is covered by Medicaid up to age 21.
5. Your adopted child is given a certificate of college tuition fee waiver when the adoption is finalized. This waiver is for any state supported Florida University, college, community college or vocational school.
6. Adoptive families may be eligible for a tax credit up to $11,390.